CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

BRYNLEE'S FIRST DAY OF FIRST GRADE
















I can't believe that Bryns started first grade! I think it is harder when they start first grade than when they go to kindergarten because they are gone all day long. Bryns is gone for 8 hours. It seems like an eternity. I really do miss her during the day and I am so excited to see her when she gets home. But I do have to say there seems to be a little less fighting in the house.

The day before she went to school she was so nervous. She kept telling me she was scared and worried that the kids wouldn't like her. Then we went to an orientation and met her teacher and it calmed a lot of her fears. She was so excited the first week. She said to me, "mom I love first grade I don't know why my friend said it is boring, I love it." She loves hot lunch (yummy) I will let her figure out that one on her own. But now this week she is exhausted and hasn't wanted to go to school. She has faked sick every day ( you know that really fake cough thing). I had to carry her to the first grade line and she chased me to the car crying twice on Monday. Then her friend held her in line and I drove off. It hasprogressively gotten better as the week has gone on. I think she is just exhausted and getting adjusted. It is darling though because two girls in the ward that are in 5th and 6th grade go and get her from her class and walk her to the bus after school and then they walk her home everyday! We have such sweet neighbors!

14 comments:

jen said...

That is sad to hear that she's been crying at the bus. That would be so hard. I'm sure happy for you and her that it's going a little better. It's so nice to have older neighbor kids to help out. You do have an awesome neighborhood!

Unknown said...

Brinlee is so cute!! I'm sure it will get better each week - change takes time! That is nice that you have some older girls to help her each day!!

Stockton is a very handsome boy! You better watch out when he gets older!!!

Scott and Beth said...

She looks so cute! Going to school is hard for mom and child. I'm already dreading sending them away!

jenjamin said...

oh she looks so cute! Kindergarten is all day here.... yikes:) I have to start mentally preparing now.

Sarah said...

Hello Trista! This is Sarah Clayton Laflan. I'm blog hopping tonight and got on from Kerri's blog. You look so good girl! Your kids are beyond cute! It was fun to see you.

Melody said...

Zach started 1st grade too and he has had a couple of hard mornings too. He cries and says he's tired and sick and doesn't want to go to school. He seems to think he has an option!! :) He's doing a lot better now though, but is so cranky and tired by about 5:00! Your kids say such cute things and I love that they named your bunny Bubbly Fluffy! Too cute! By the way, to answer your question, I live in South Jordan and Jana lives in Payson. I'm not sure where Brooke lives, somewhere back East. E-mail me and I can give you her blog address! steveandmel21@netscape.net
Love ya,
Melodie Holmes

Suzi said...

Your kiddies are adorable! i hope Brynns starts liking school better, poor girl and poor you. :)

nalgal said...

Hey Trista- I found your blog through Jen's blog which was through Nicole's blog. I am having so much fun with blogging. You will have to take a look at mine because I am going through something similar with Hayden. The first couple of days were okay and then it has gotten worse. He doesn't want to go back. Poor kid! Welcome to the rest of his life, huh?

Haskins said...

SO cute!! I love her outfits so darling! Stock is so cute in his class!!

Cori Simmons said...

WHERE DID YOU GET HER SHOES? Sav and I are dying. They are a must have!

Unknown said...

That is so cute! I think I'm going to have a hard time with 1st grade too. Kindergarten is great! It's fun to see what you've been up to.

Greg and Ky said...

I can't believe how big she has gotten. She is so dang cute and she is going to be beautiful! I'm sure she will love First grade!

NatRat said...

Man, that is a bummer that she had a hard second week. It makes it so hard for the mom, you just want to keep them home and make them happy.

I didn't realize her and Cooper were the same age, we should get together and let them play and then they can date when they are older...:) She is a knockout, just like her mommy!

shelbell said...

It's tough being a mom! I remember loving hot lunch when I was her age too, funny! I bet she's loving it in another week:) I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!