CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

BUNNY RELEASE MISSSION/ BUNNY SAVE MISSION




Anyone who knows me knows that I am net a pet person. My parents got this bunny for Stockton lat April for his birthday. The kids loved the bunny when it was little but as it always happens the bunny grew bigger and the kids didn't want to play with the bunny. We had a hard time catching the bunny. It was hilarious to see my dad chase the bunny around the yard with a net for hours before we would catch it for the night. We got so sick of chasing the bunny that we finally gave up and "bubbly fluffy" became a wild bunny! Bubbly Fluffy was let lose in our backyard for six months and survived off of the grass in our backyard. Then in the late fall our neighbors kept knocking on the door telling us that our rabbit was hopping down the street or in their yard. Bubbly Fluffy had discovered that he could get out of the yard. So we put him back in the cage. He hated the cage because he was now a wild bunny. So me and my brothers decided to go an release bubbly fluffy by the Jordan River. We were laughing and thought it was such a great idea. But then on the way down there we were all quiet and felt really bad. So once we got there we made a decision not to release the bunny and to take bubbly fluffy back home. Two days later bubbly fluffy died. I felt awful about it. I really should have just released the bunny in the first place. I cannot be trusted with pets.

7 comments:

NatRat said...

Hey cute Trista! How are things going? Looks like you have been up to some fun times. I hope things are going good:)

Suzi said...

Cute pics! You need to explain the whole bunny mission thing, what happened?

Alisha Joy said...

I'm confused . .. is that you bunny that you're now letting go into the wild (cause we did that and ours got eaten within minutes. very traumatic for the kids!). Or is that a bunny you saved from one of those terrible research facilities? Please do clarify. . . .

Haskins said...

I noticed you didn't mentioned about what actually happened to that poor bunny!!! I don't think it was a " save mission" he he

shelbell said...

Was that little guy a pet? Looks like an adventure for sure. Run bunny, run!

Brooke said...

Oh, Trista! Funny/sad story! Well, I am so NOT a pet person either. I hope you are doing well and enjoying Spring:)

Brian said...

Yeah... a good reason to not get a dog I guess. :)

I love the story though!