CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 1, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEN!!

I wanted to wish my friend Jen a very happy 31st (ahhhh we are getting old) birthday. Jen and I have been friends since the 7th grade at good old Eastmont Junior High. She has always been the life of the party. Her house in junior high was the the place that we all hung out. We loved prank calling, making crazy videos and just hanging out. You always knew that if you were with Jen you would be laughing and having a good time. As we continued to high school we stayed good freinds and we spent even more time together because we both had boyfreinds that were on the baseball team. We were both waiting for those boys on their missions when we both set each other up with our husbands. I was writing a guy in my ward that I kind of liked and he wrote me from his mission and asked if I had any friends that would be willing to write his companion Jason because he was so bummed because his girlfriend wrote him off. I immediately thought of Jen and I finally after a few months talked her into writing her now husband Jason. Crazy!! I really think the spirit prompted me to have her write him.

Jen has always been there for me through everything really. We had our first babies two weeks apart. It was so fun because we went through that pregnancy together. Then after we went into shock from realizing how hard being a new mom is after we had our babies we would talk for hours everyday. It really helped to have each other to rely on. Our 5 year olds are still great friends to this day. One of the things that I love the very most about Jen is that you can tell her anything and she won't judge you and she will understand. I also love that she will put me in my place or set me straight when I need it. When I first found out that Ken was having an affair and my marriage was falling apart the first phone call I made after my parents was to Jen. She has stood by me, supported me and always been a true friend. One of my favorite places to go is to Jen's house. I just feel so at home and relaxed there. The kids love to play and we rarely see them the entire day and we can just sit and chat, eat and catch up. Jen is such an amazing mother, wife and friend. She has the best sense of humor and I love that she is still up for a good prank or joke. Thanks for being such an amazing friend Jen. I love ya! I hope you had a very happy birthday!!

6 comments:

Suzi said...

I second that!! We have such great friends!

jen said...

ahhhh you are too kind! Thanks for all that you wrote about me. You made my day. I'm glad I read it in the morning because now when my kids wake up and yell at me for this & that & tell me I'm fat, I'll think back to your post & I'll know that someone loves me:)! You are the BEST & I'm SO blessed to have you in my life! It's scary to think about where I'd be without Jason?! Thanks to you! Thx a lot stink face exhusband for not letting me continue to be the hero for setting you guys up! I'm on the search for your perfect mate. At least the ex gave you the three most beautiful children ever. So I'm not horrible for the hook up. Thanks again for the sweet post.

Becky said...

True dat! Jen is someone you can feel totally comfortable telling ANYTHING to.

Haskins said...

That is so great to have a good friend like Jen!! Glad you have her! Happy Bday Jen. I agree with you trista she is pretty amazing!

jen said...

hi, i'm back to read about me again:). i had so much fun tonight. love ya!

Seneca said...

Jen really is the cutest person! What a doll! What would we do with out her....Hey,but so are you. You are such a strong, beautiful person inside and out. I hope your doing great! You have amazing kids and you are the PERFECT mother! Love ya tons!