CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 3, 2008

WOMEN'S CONFERENCE


My mom, heather and I went to Women's conference at BYU on Thursday. It was so much fun to go together and learn about ways to be better mothers, wife's, and daughters of God. Here are a few things that I wrote down that really inspired me. Hopefully these things will inspire you too.
1. Women are the Lord's secret weapon
2. Women can change the world
3. Access the power of the priesthood
4. Do we talk of Christ and testify of him?
5. Are we women on a mission to build his kingdom?
6. We need to be the last generation to be affected by the world
7. What would change in your life if you thought of your life as a ministry?
8. Ask yourself everyday, Why has the Lord brought me here today?
9. We as Latter Day Saint Women have more influence than any other women in the world
10. We are not perfect but we can become pure in our hearts, motives and actions.
11. Care more about what the Lord thinks of you than what the world thinks of you.
12. Anything that keeps us out of the temple is Satan.
13. The Holy Ghost speaks of things as they really are.
14. The temple is the key to learning how to come out of the world
15. If we ask the Lord we will recieve. But we must take time to ask.
16. Ask the Lord how to teach you how to listen to the Spirit.
17. Righteous influence comes when the the atonement changes our hearts.
18. Jesus Christ can lift us, lead us, change us.
19. Ask yourself what is one thing I could do to be better? pray who to share the gospel with, go to the temple one extra time this year.
20. Nothing is more important than working and sacraficing for the Savior. We will have a degree of influence that has no limit and no end.
21. Some of us who would not chastize a neighbor for his fralities have a field day with our own weaknesses.
22. Feelings of inadequacy are common and natural
23. See yourself as God sees you
24. Understand that Satan wants us miserable
25. God gives us weaknesses that we may be humble
26. When are motives are righteous the Lord will bless us
27. Faith- I am a daughter of Heavenly Father who loves me and I will have faith in his eternal plan which is in my Savior
28. Divine Nature- I have inherited divine qualities which I will continue to develop
29. Individual Worth- I am of infinite worth. No beginning, no end. With my own divine mission which I will strive to fufill.
30. When we call upon God's strength Satan will depart
31. If you humble yourself before God and have faith in him. God will make weak things strong
32. God is mighty to save
33. Life happens while you are making plans.
34. In the Lord's strength I can do all things
35. Say this in your mind and put in I- I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father who loves me and I love him. This made me cry saying this.
36. The Savior liberates while Satan caputres.
37. Satan is working under such a perfect disguise we may not recognize him. He comes as a theif in the night
38. Heavenly Father knows me, loves me and will help me
39. When filled with God's love we can endure pain, forgive freely, bless and help others.
40. After much tribulation the Lord did answer my prayers.
41. The atonement helps us do all things that we could never do on our own
42. The Atonement provides a way to overcome weaknesses and feelings of inadeqacy
43. Self pity and discouragement do not come from God
44. Even the humble and obedient will expierence trials
45. The hardest experiences can be our best teachers
46. No trial is wasted
47. Trials build character and purify our hearts. They instill patience, faith, fortititude, and humility
48. We gain the education that we came here to acquire when we struggle
49. A thankful heart allows us to face trials
50. Real faith comes when what we want doesn't come in the way or timing that we would like it to.
51. Keep your eyes fixed today on tomorrows promises!!!
One speaker told of a woman who lost her husband but she was crying because she was so overwhelmed with the responsibility to raise her children by herself. A woman saw her crying and came up to her and asked her what was wrong. The woman told her that her husband had died and that she had 15 children. The woman said to her oh you are blessed. My husband died and so did my two children. This made me think how grateful I am that I have three children as my companions. I know that the Lord has truely blessed me. I am so thankful for my three little companions Bryn, Stock, and Becks. There is nothing more rewarding and fulfulling than having the opportunity to be a mother.

9 comments:

jen said...

Thanks for sharing! I loved every single one of them especially #11, eeeek on #12 (i never go but should), #15 SO true-take time!, #22, #29, #31, #38 & #47. Thanks!

Haskins said...

Wow I wish I would of gone to that conference-- that sounds amazing! I love all the different points.

Tami said...

#51 really pulls at your heart strings! I went to all of womens conferance last year with my sister and some friends. It was amazing.. what a testimony builder. I loved it. I am so glad you got to go, I'm jealous!

Suzi said...

Wow, those are some great points! I need to read those every day! What a neat conference! Thanks for sharing, i am glad you were able to go.

Unknown said...

I was also there on thursday. I was volunteering to help with the humanitarian service project..we put together folder games for orphanages in foreign countries. I didn't get to hear too many speakers, so I'm glad I got to read some of your notes..thanks!

Katherine said...

I was so sad not to be able to attend this year.
Thanks for posting your notes so that I could glean from you what I would have liked to have been getting in person.

The Walkers said...

Sounds like it was awesome, I'm jealous! I miss things like that, they are just so accessible to those that live so close! Thanks for sharing...

vickersfam said...

Thank you for posting all of those thoughts/quotes you learned. I enjoyed them all, but a particular few really touched me and made me want to do better.
Thanks again, Natalie Vickers

jenjamin said...

Thanks for sharing that. Years ago my sisters and I use to go to education week at BYU and it was so fulfilling, I miss those times. Anyway I am so glad you got to do that!