CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 27, 2008

GREEK EASTER


My Grandma Black dad came to America when he was 14 years old from Greece. My grandma has 14 brothers and sisters and every year we get together with all of her brothers and sisters and celebrate Greek Easter. I absolutely love the food. We make slavaki, rice pilaf, yummy greek salads, greek cookies, and baklava. I look forward to eating the food every year. There is also a tradition where you boil eggs and then dye them red. Then you hit your eggs together and whoever's egg doesn't crack is supposed to have good luck for that year. You can see me and Beckham hitting our eggs together in the first picture. Beckham was the winner this year. He got the hang of it and was loving going around cracking everyone's eggs. His never cracked until he dropped it on the ground.


































6 comments:

Suzi said...

That looks like yummy food and a fun party. You sure look like a greek goddess too, i love your shirt, i want it, so tell me where to get one Mrs. Fashionista! :)

jen said...

What a fun tradition! You look beautiful in the pics! Put the word verificaton on your blog so you don't get a virus for good ol' akinol.

Haskins said...

I love traditions!! That is so fun!

Becky said...

I didn't know you were Greek. Cool!

jenjamin said...

That is so great! preserving your family legacy is SO important. It is amazing how much gets lost in just a few short generations.

Alisha Joy said...

Fun! They do that egg cracking thing in Armenia as well (my bro went there for his mission). He taught the kids all about it at Easter. Diesel won (our 3 year old) . . . funny how the little ones figure that stuff our first.