CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 7, 2007

LABOR DAY WEEKEND






















Last weekend we went with my family to St. George. On Saturday my mom and I went to the pool with the kids while the guys went golfing. Then that night we went to The Bingham football game in Cedar City because my brother Josh is the recievers coach. They beat a team from Hawaii that have been state champions 5 of the last 7 years in Hawaii. Then on Sunday we relaxed and went to the park for a picnic. That night we went and played volleyball. It was so much fun!! Most of us don't know what we are doing so it was hilarious to see how everyone would hit the ball. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Laughing is great therapy that is for sure! My sister in law Heather is the volleyball coach at West Jordan so she was giving us some pointers. My mom is so sweet and she took the kids to the pool for a few hours on Sunday. I was able to hang out with my grandparents and watch two movies. It was so relaxing. I was in heaven. Then on Monday we went boating all day. It was so hot and so much fun! I am sad that is the last time we will probably get to go this summer. I'm not sure I'm ready for summer to be over. I love fall but I'm not ready for the winter. I can't stand being cold. This is kind of funny but I had a thought while I was wakeboarding the other day. I don't like to wakeboard when the water isn't smooth and I tend to scream when a hit a big wave. Whenever I thought a big wave was going to knock me off balance I would just drop the rope to save a bad fall. Then by like the third or fourth time I was doing better at just riding out the waves by bending my knees and just not letting my fear get to me. Eventually we got into an area where the water got calm and then I was having so much fun crossing the wake and attempting (that being the key word) to jump. Anyway while I was wakeboarding I was thinking hey this is like life. If we you can learn the tricks to weathering the ruff waters of life so to speak then eventually you will find calm waters and the experience will make you so much stronger, more experienced and help you really learn to enjoy when life is smooth sailing. Things like prayer, the temple, church, spending time with loved ones, and counting your blessings are the trick to enduring trials or the ruff waters. Just like with wakeboarding the trick is bending your knees, not being afraid, and holding on for dear life! Kind of a silly anaolgy but it really hit me so I thought I would write it down. The first picture is my grandparents. The sweetest two people in the world. The next picture is my brother Marcus. The third pic is my mom with the kids.

3 comments:

jen said...

That's a good analogy! It makes total sense. I'm just dang impressed that you wakeboard.

Suzi said...

I am glad you had so much fun in St. George and very good analogy, i agree!

The Bullocks said...

that looks so fun. I can't believe you kids already look older. I am totally sad for summer to be over. at least fall is so pretty.
so your mom looks so good, I thought that was one of your friends, until I read that is was your mom, I had to do a double take.
I hope all is going good for you.
p.s I loved the analogy, it's funny how so many thing that happen to us can relate to life lessons. I always related running to my life.