CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 26, 2007

"MOMMY SLOW DOWN"





























Yesterday I was taking Stockton to soccer and I got pulled over by a cop. I was speeding and I got a ticket. Brynlee said, "mom why did the police pull you over?" I said, "because I was driving to fast." Bryns said, "mom why were you driving so fast." I said, "because we were late and I was trying to get Stockton to soccer on time." She said, "mom it just doesn't matter, you shouldn't drive fast." Then after soccer Stockton said to me, "mom the police said you shouldn't drive like this (and he waved his hand as fast as could back and forth.) They said that you should drive like this." Then he waved his hand really slowly back and forth. Isn't it amazing that these sweet kids are always teaching us lessons. I find myself always in a hurray when I need to get places. The lesson I learned from my kids yesterday was to just slow down. Does it really matter if I am 5 minutes late to soccer? No. It seems like our generation is always in a hurray and trying to fit as many things as possible into a day. I need to take more time to enjoy life, and not always be in such a rush. It was such a beautiful day yesterday so I took their advice and we went to the park. Then we came home and watched a movie and I finally got around to cuddling with Stockton for two hours while we took a nap. Then I took the kids to Wheeler's Farm and we saw all of the animals and milked the cow. They were thrilled about this and they keep telling everyone over and over that they milked a cow. It actually kind of sounds like a crazy day but it was relaxing and nice just to enjoy my kids!

2 comments:

jen said...

Sheesh, slow down lady! It sucks paying for a stupid ticket. The only time you need to hurry is when you are meeting me somewhere:). I'm happy you've been enjoying your kids and taking time to slow down and relax with them. Since your last inspiring post I've tried to take more time to enjoy them and not get angry over small things. Thanks!

The Bullocks said...

I didn't realize Stockton went to Challenger, you'll have to tell me about it. I have always been interested in those schools, is that where both your kids go?
so I'm just telling you this because Ryan just taught me to put the pictures on the blog myself, but If yours is like mine, when you are putting them on before you select them in thumbnails if you right click on the mouse and go down it will ask if you want to rotate your picture clockwise and you can turn them the right way. not that I mind looking sideways, but I just learned how to put them on so I thought I'd tell ya, good luck.