CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 17, 2008

SLEEPING UPDATE


Thank you everyone for your comments and ideas on getting my kids to stay in their beds. I have been sticking to it and it is working. The first night they were in their beds by 8:00 but it was rough they kept sneaking out over and over and I used the Super Nanny approach and just kept putting them back in their beds. When that wasn't working I was sure that the ticket with my Stocky boy was going to be putting his blanket in time out because he is obsessed with his blanket. Thanks for the idea Lyndsay LOL. But suprisingly this didn't seem to do the trick. The next two nights progressively got easier and they got out less times each night. But tonight I discovered the trick that is going to work for me. I am so excited about this. My kids always want to know if they can play with someone when they get home from school. So tonight I told them that if they get in bed when it is bedtime and they don't get out of bed then they can play with a friend tomorrow. But if they get out of bed then they can't play. AMAZING!!!!! No one got out bed even once. I am so happy tonight. Thank you for all of your ideas. You are all such great friends and moms.
More good news! I got my phone in the mail and it is up and running! Yeah!! It is so hard to be stuck without a phone. But I will admit in some ways it is nice too.

5 comments:

jen said...

Oh what joy to find what will work! I will never slack on this again because it is amazing to have my kids in bed by 8:00. We are all better behaved with more sleep. YAY for the new phone!

jenjamin said...

Hooray! Hope that keeps up.... Hey, who ever said coersion never worked :)

Tai Christensen said...

Yeah! I so happy you have won the "Sleep War"! I am still on the battle field myself, Maya has discovered she can leave her big girl bed whenever she wants! I find her roaming the halls looking for playmates at 2 am! I am hoping this stage will pass quickly :-)

Suzi said...

That is so great that you found something that worked, yay!! What a relief that must be!

Haskins said...

Yeah, now you get some mommy time!! Good luck on tues!