CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 21, 2008

"THE PRINCE OF PEACE"

Easter is so much fun with kids. The easter egg hunts, the baskets, the easter bunny, the darling clothes! But I wanted to write a few of my thoughts on the real reason why we celebrate Easter. I have always been thankful for the Atonement of the Savior. But it hasn't been until the last few years as I have gone through my divorce that I really understood how amazing the Atonement really is. I have truely come to understand what they meant when in the scriptures they called the Savior the "Prince of Peace." Through him I have come to know that the only true peace in times of trial is found through him. He has been my friend, my listening ear, He has understood my pain and sorrow and helped me find peace and joy in my many blessings. My sweet friend Katie sent me an e-mail saying that she heard a talk by President Hinckley that said, "single mothers prayers are heard first in heaven." I was completely choked up reading this. I believe this must be true because I know the only way I have gotten through these last few years is through Heavenly Father hearing and answering my prayers.

There is a talk by President Hinckley in the Liahona this month that I took visiting teaching and it has such a neat quote by him. He says, "We know not all that lies ahead of us. We live in a world of uncertainty. For some, there will be great accimplishment. For others, disappoointment. For some, much of rejoicing and gladness, good health, and gracious living. For others, perhaps sickness and a measure of sorrow. We do not know. But one thing we do know. Like the Polar Star in the heavens, regardless of what the future holds, there stands the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our immortal lives. He is the rock of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith.

In sunshine and in shadow we look to Him, and He is there to assure and smile upon us.

He is the central focus of our worship. He is the Son of the living God, the Firstborn of the Father, the Only Begotten in the flesh. He is "risen for the dead,...the firstfruits of them that slept". He is the Lord who shall come again "to reign on the earth over his people."

I am so thankful that I have a testimony of these words. I am so thankful at this time of year and always for my Savior who atoned for my sins, hurts, heartaches and understands what I am going through and loves and comforts me. I hope you all have a happy easter. Much love from our family to yours!

Trista

9 comments:

Suzi said...

Trist, you are amazing! What a great message you have shared. I don't think anyone could go through what you are going through without spiritual guidance. You have done so well by doing what is right, even though i know it has also been so hard for you. You are such a great example and you have been so strong! Happy Easter to you and your fam, i love you guys!!

Liz said...

I agree with Suzi, you are a wonderful example to many. Thanks for the reminder of what is truly important.

jen said...

Thanks for making me think about what Easter is all about. Love Ya!

Haskins said...

What a excellent thought! It is so easy to get caught up in all the commerical things of holidays! Thanks for reminding me what easter is all about!

Kathy said...

wow! To bad i dont have to speak on sunday. Your message should be heard by all and I could take that and have a complete general conference talk. Your strength is so powerful to me. I look up to you and you are the best example to me.

Alli said...

Trista, this is beautiful! You truly are such a great example and role model to me! It is so good to be reminded why easter is so important to us all. I wish you and your family a very Happy Easter!!

Tai Christensen said...

Your message has really touched me. You are one of the strongest woman I have ever met and such an inspiration to all you meet. I dont think I could be as strong and positive as you are with all you have gone through. Thank you for making me reflect on the importance of Easter. I am truely blessed to have met you and to be witness to the wonderful example you set for all of those around you. Happy Easter!

The Bullocks said...

Thank you for your testimony. that was so sweet and sincere. I truly think you are such an amazing person. and such a good example to others of how to grow from your hardships. thanks for being you. Katie

Unknown said...

Your so awesome Trist! Never afraid to share what really matters the most. Thanks for the reminder