CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 15, 2008

BRYNLEE'S FIRST DANCE COMPETITION































































This weekend Bryns had her first dance competition at Timpview High School. On Friday night she did a trio with two other girls in her class(micro-starburst) entitled "teddy bear." Someone asked Bryns if she was nervous to go out there and dance with only three people and she said,"no". Like why would I be. I'm not sure that she really understood the whole competition thing. The girls did such a great job! There music turned off in the middle of their dance and they just froze. We had never told them what to do if the music turns off. So their teacher told them to run off and then they did the whole dance again. They did a great job at just taking it in stride and doing the dance again but I think it threw them just a little bit. I was just so proud of them! They did such a great job and they didn't think it was too big of a deal. They ended up taking 4th place and Bryns was thrilled because she got her first trophy. She kept saying, "mom I love dance. All of that hard work payed off. She was extatic the whole way home and just kept saying I can't wait to show Grandma and my uncles. My uncles have so many trophies and they will so excited that I got my first one. Then she asked me two times if everyone got a trophy? To which I said no even though I think they did because she would disappointed if everyone got one." It is fun to see her so excited about dancing!! Then today she did two group dances entitled, Take your umbrella to the beach, and pajama party. They got first place on the umbrella dance and a high gold on the pajama party! I only got to see the umbrella dance today because I had to go and take a health test for renewing my teaching license at BYU. Thand you so much mom for all of your help today! Angie and Maddie, Heather, my mom, and Grandma and Granpa Johnson came to support Bryns. Thank you so much everyone. It was such a fun weekend! Thanks to Brynlee's teacher Bethany for all of the time and effort she puts into her teams. She is amazing with the girls and Brynlee is learning so much. It is such a blessing to have someone teach your daughter that you really respect and trust.



6 comments:

Suzi said...

That is so great that Bryns did so good at her competition! She looks adorable as always! Tell her good job for me!

jen said...

ADORABLE! We can't wait to see her perform soon. She looked adorable last night with all of her cute makeup on. Caleb can't wait to see her perform.

Tiff said...

They did so good! I love your kids easter outfits too - so cute I can't wait to take pics of easter outfits! I am so glad Bryn and Kwincee are dancing together it has been so fun to get to know you and Bryns we love ya!!!

Tai Christensen said...

I am so proud of all of our girls!!! Brynlee did such a great job in the trio and in the performances on Saturday. It has been such an exciting weekend for the girls and I am so glad that Kelsey and Bryn are friends! It has been so great becoming friends with you! Kelsey wants me to tell you that Brynlee looks "so gorgeous!" in her Easter clothes!!

Hayley Holliman said...

Good Job Girls!!! They all did so good. And how much fun it is for all us moms.
Hayley Holliman

Scott and Beth said...

Cute Pictures!!! I was running around so much I totally forgot to take pictures...I think I ended up with three!!! OOPS! Thanks for being so easy to work with and I absolutely LOVE Brynlee!!!