CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

CIRCUS ACT

Today while Brynlee was in dance I took the boys to the mall to get a present for a friend. Right before we left the studio Stockton peed his pants. I felt so bad for him because he was supposed to go into karate and he didn't want to because all I had for him was a pull up and he said the boys would make fun of him. So sad that they already think this at that age. Every morning when he wakes up the first question he asks me is, "is it time for karate?" He absolutely loves it so I felt so bad for him because he was heartbroken and wanted to go. Anyway so I went and got the boys ice cream right before we went into the mall to make Stock feel better. So we walk in Stock has a karate shirt on with a pull up(no pants) and high top cars sneakers. Beckham has ice cream from head to toe and it is dripping everywhere. We were in forever 21 so of course I had to look around so while I am shopping Stockton is karate chopping everyone who he walks by. Some people think this is funny and some don't. They are both hiding in the racks throughout the 30 minutes we are in there. If you have ever taken your kids to the mall without a stroller you know how challenging this is to keep them by you. So I am yelling the whole time, "Stockon, Beckham." Then Stock decides to take off his shoes and start throwing them in the air. They hit Becks a few times and other people are dodgging the shoes. Stockton and Beckham then find shoes in the store and are reaarranging and dragging them throughout the store. The cashiers were laughing and saying how adorable they are but the only thing I could say to the cashiers is, "we are a circus act." Oh well I got through it and survived and now I have it written down so I won't forget how it truely is sometimes to shop with your kids.

8 comments:

Suzi said...

You are truly amazing and so patient and tough! I could not handle that very well at all! Poor little Stocky, at least he got ice cream and go crazy in the mall right? :)

jen said...

I love it when I see stuff like this going on at the store with other parents because I know I'm not alone. You are so patient!

Haskins said...

Oh my goodness!! Tris- seriously! The best part is the mall part! It's not like your busy or anything. I should of gone and done that part at least!! Thanks again for doing that!! Hopefully sunday will be a rest ful day for you. That was a lot of fun today and I thought you looked so cute!!

The Bullocks said...

That made me laugh so hard, it totally sounds like a few episodes I've had.
it's funny every time Bailee looks at a picture of Stockton she says " oh mom is he the one who does Karate, she thinks it's so cool.

Alli said...

Hi Trista! This post is so funny! I can see how you were probably a little frustrated, but your kids are all so adorable I don't see how anyone else could have been annoyed! Your blog is so cute and I love all the pics!

Unknown said...

I now appreciate my gift even more! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for doing that...I know how it can be draging your kids to the mall, and since your there, why not look around. But is it really worth it in the end. I never end up bying anything and always come out frustrated....but I continue to do it. Why? Because you know you'll probably never get to the mall any other time without your kids, right? Anyways...Thank You! You are such a sweet friend. Thanks for making time for me on my special day when you had such a busy one..love ya!

Tai Christensen said...

Boy can I relate to kids doing a "circus act" in the mall!! I find myself apologizing nonstop for my children! It is so rare that I go to the mall just because it is such a pain in the bootie! You really cant focus on shopping because as soon as you do, you find yourself wondering why its so quiet...then you turn around and see your girls undressing the manaquins in the store windows!! Hello Mommmy! We are tearing apart the store while you are looking at sweater dresses! Ugh! Luckily most of the time the people who work in the mall just laugh and think the kids are "so cute"!

Hayley Holliman said...

O.K. so is it bad to say that I'm glad to hear that everyone has days like this? Maybe so, but it's true. It makes me fill normal and that I'm not the only one. Anyways, you are a great mom, and there only little for awhile. Even if we secretly wish they would get big. Only kidding.
Hayley Holliman