CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 10, 2007

ART WITH HEART











Brynlee had her first dance performance for the year today! It was really neat because it was a benefit concert for Shriners Hospital. Shriners is a hospital that provides care for children mostly that need prosthetic limbs. Three studios performed at the concert. The Dance Club, The Winner School and Dance Impressions. Brynlees cousin Tasia takes at The Winner School so they took Brynlee up to the performance because they had to be there two hours early. Thanks Nicole and Tasia for everything. Tasia is so sweet with Brynlee and took great care of her before and during the show. Brynlee was so excited about the whole thing and practiced her dance and her smile all morning. She loved showing off her makeup and hair to all of her uncles and anyone who came to the door. She seemed a little startled at first but she caught on and did the second half of the dance great. She really loved the finale with all of the clapping! It is so much fun to see your little girl dancing! I was in heaven. My mom and I could not stop smiling and laughing! We went to PF changs after the show and it was fun to visit with everyone who came. They didn't let you take pictures during the show so I didn't get any in her costume or on stage.

During the performance my mom and I noticed that Brynlee was upset on the stage. I asked Brynlee how she felt about her performance and she said, "good except for that she was sad because her dad didn't come to see her dance and he said he was going to." She was sobbing. Ken told Brynlee over a month ago that he was going to go but then he never called to confirm if he was or wasn't coming. He didn't show. I just feel bad for Brynlee. She is very tender hearted. I can't imagine something being more important than your children. I'm not sure how many times he will have to show me that his family is not his first priority before I finally stop hoping he will pull through on anything that he says he is going or supposed to do. My counselor told me on Monday to just notice what his priorites are and it will show what is most important to him. Well today I saw for the millionth time what his priorites are and they are himself. My counselor told me to start being honest with the kids and stop trying to cover for their dad. So I told Brynlee that her dad loves her very much but that he is only thinking of himself right now. I told her that I will always be there for her. It is so heartbreaking when the person that is supposed to be protecting and loving your family is the person who is causing everyone so much pain. Sorry for the complaining but I am using this as a journal so I am getting some of my feelings out.
On a positive note the ways I saw the Lord blessing my life today are...Amazing and supportive family (mom, grandma Sophie, Nicole, Tasia) and friends (thanks Angie and Kerri) for coming to the show to see Brynlee. They brought a girl out that is at shriners right now and it was so sad. I am thankful that all of my children are healthy. I am thankful for a wonderful babysitter Sophie McGavin that watched the boys while we were away. The boys (especially Stockton) adore her.
Last night we went to the Bingham Football Game at the U of U. My brother Josh is the recievers coach so we are really into the games. My whole family and I think the whole city of South Jordan were in attendance. The stadium was packed. Unfortunatley they lost 21 to 17 to Alta. It was so cute though because Stockton kept saying, "when I get big I'm going to take that ball and run it down there and score a touchdown and they will say, touchdown Stocky Prince." He wanted to know where Josh was the whole time. I love going to football games in the fall and it was beautiful weather.



7 comments:

jen said...

Good Job Brynlee! I wish Caleb could have seen you dance! Maybe next time. Jason has told me stories of waiting for his dad to pick him up & it makes me so sad that he had to go through that. Your kids are so blessed to have an amazing mom & amazing family that show them SO much love!

Tiff said...

Cute pics Im so mad we didn't get any of the girls together next time! They did great today it was so fun to watch my cheecks hurt from smiling so much I'm sure yours did to!

Haskins said...

Tris-- I am so glad I got to go and see Bryns she did an amazing job. She is such a sweet heart and I just love her so much! It breaks my heart to hear cry about Ken. I am so sorry. That is got to be so hard!! Thanks again for the tickets!
Love ya

Kathy said...

trista, i just love reading what you have to say. bryns looked so cute, Kaden really wants to play with stockton

The Walkers said...

I read most of your blogs from the last few months, and you have done an awesome job of blogging! Everything that you say is inspiring and helps the rest of us do a better job at appreciating what we have and enjoying motherhood just a little more. Your kids are adorable, as always, and you are beautiful - inside and out. It's always fun to talk, hopefully we see you soon. love you!

Mikesell Family said...

Hi Trista! That is so neat that they were able to do a fundraiser for Shriners. Boston was actually able to be a patient because he has a rare deformity called sprengels deformity. Anyway I can't tell you how great the nurses and doctors at Shriners were. I tell everyone if they want to donate, to donate to them because it is such a great hospital. That is so neat Brynlee was able to be a part of it! You are such a strong person. I don't know how you do it.

Sophie McGavin said...

Trista your kids are so lucky to have you in their lives! you are great to them as well as every one else, thanks for all you do!