CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

FAMILY NIGHT AND BLESSINGS



My mom is amazing! Last night she did the cutest family night for the kids. We all took turns putting a feather on the turkey that had something that we can be thankful for. Stockton got one that said friends and he said, "I am thankful for Camden." Brynlee got one that said happiness and she said,"I am thankful for mommy." (That makes all of the hard times in the day worth it.) It is so great to do activites like this because it reminds us of all our Heavenly Father has given to us. Today I am thankful for trials. Believe me there are some days I wish this wasn't my cross to bare. But it sure has drawn me closer to my Heavenly Father and I am defiantely a stronger woman with a rock solid testimony. You know what is amazing is that Heavenly Father really does carry you through your trials. I feel stronger, more motivated and less tired at the end of every day. I know I am being so blessed right now.

Do you love how Stockton is pointing the gun at the camera? Boys will be boys. Stockton has really figured out in the last few months what he likes. This has made it a lot harder for he and Brynlee to agree on what to play lately. The other night Brynlee was begging him to dress up and play Cinderella with her. He wouldn't because he just wanted me to wear a scarey mask and he wanted to take a plastic club and chase after me with it. The difference between boys and girls is hilarious.

Today we went with Jen and her kids, Suzi and Ander, and Angie and her kids to Discovery Gateway. I love that place. The kids never get bored there. We had a great time. It is always so fun to visit and for the kids to play. Bryns, Stocky, and Becks adore all of their kids and never get tired of playing with them. Brynlee had to wear her bright red lipstick to show all of her friends. She is so into this color of lipstick ever since she found out this is the color she wears to performances.

4 comments:

jen said...

I just posted a comment & it didn't work so sorry if it shows up twice. Caleb liked that Brynlee was trying to put a lipstick mark on his cheek. Tell Stockton that he is welcome to come play BOY stuff at our house any time! I don't know how you get it all!! You're doing awesome. I love your blog. I love the music. It entertains me while I'm doing boring kitchen stuff.

Cracker said...

That is so sweet! I love moments like that. I had so much fun yesterday with you, Jenn and Suzi at the gateway thanks again. Maddi had a blast with all the kids she ask again when we are going back, she kept saying tomorrow. I dont think she knows what tomorrow is expect for the fact that I always say tomorrow. Anyway thanks again!
Love ya,
angie

The Walkers said...

Your stories and "thankful times" are always inspiring Trista. You are an amazing woman, and I am thankful to have you as a friend in my life! I'm sad we miss out on so many fun things that you guys are doing up there!! Love ya!

Mikesell Family said...

What a good family night idea! I am going to have to use that for next week. We are pretty boring in our family, my kids always ask to play "Don't Eat Pete!" I try to have a little lesson, but something short so they stay entertained. If you have any other good family night ideas let me know!
-Betsy