CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 4, 2007

BRYNLEES FIVE YEAR OLD TENDER HEART


If you have a five year old you know how smart and perceptive they really are. I think sometimes we forget this. I have really been striving to not get upset at Ken at all when he cancels and doesn't get the kids or doesn't pay me etc. Anyway I am making progress and I have to say it feels so good to just let it go and have it be his problem instead of me being upset about it and having it affect my day or week. Brynlee being the perceptive 5 year old that she is has noticed this. She said to me the other day, "mom you and dad aren't fighting anymore." I said, "your right Bryns and I don't think that we will be fighting anymore at all." So on friday when I went to drop off the kids Brynlee said, "so mom now that you and daddy aren't fighting is he going to move in with us." I said no and she burst into tears and she just sobbed. Imagine the heartache I feel as a mother. You want to give your children the world and you want them to especially have a strong eternal family unit. It breaks my heart that I have no control over this situation. Unfortunately and fortunately Heavenly Father has given us free agency and we are only free to decide for ourselves not others what we are committed to and what is most important to us. I just hope one day my children will be able to see that my family, my covenants that I have made, and the gospel are the things that are the most important to me.

The other day Bryns bite Stocky. Then on friday Stocky was going to bite Brynlee and I got upset at them and had the we don't bite talk. As a sidenote Bryns prays every night that her and Stockton won't bite. So after the talk Bryns burst into tears and she said, "mom Heavenly Father doesn't love me because I pray every night that we won't bite and both me and Stocky bite each other." I went on to explain that Heavenly Father won't do all of the work for us we have to make good choices and be accountable for the decisions we make. I think this is really good to remember for all of us. We can always go to a loving Heavenly Father and ask for what we stand in need of. But we as his children must be willing to do what is right and what he has asked of us. And we must be accountible for our own actions.

So I am going to try to take Elder Eyrings challenge and write about how we see the Lords blessing us in our lives. So here is how Heavenly Father blessed me today...I was very proud of Brynlee today because normally Ken brings me the kids in the morning on the sundays that he has them so that they can go to church with me. He decided to keep them today so that they could go to a birthday dinner for his sister. Anyway Brynlee told him she would not miss church and that he had to bring her home because on Sundays we go to church. I am thankful for a sweet, obedient 5 year old daughter who is already choosing the right. I love you Brynlee! I see the Lord blessing me every day because he has given me you as a daughter.

10 comments:

jen said...

I cried on the phone with you last night and again reading about what Brynlee said. I'm amazed daily at how much kids understand. It's so sweet to see how they see the world and how we can learn from them. Today my kids are teaching me patience! Love Ya!

Katherine said...

I must hormonal - I totally got teary reading about Brynlee. I've been thinking about my kids all day and the huge responsiblity that we carry as mothers to this unbelievable generation. I'm in awe at what the Lord has in store for them and a bit overwhelmed that I'm in charge of three. Trista, you are doing awesome. I love you so much and fell blessed that you are a part of my life. I feel like I should be there for you and I think it is me that is consantly being buoyed up and led by you.

Oh, and on another note, how do you do the playlist?

jen said...

I love the new look of your blog! I need to save & print mine before I dare change it. I'm afraid I'll lose stuff. It looks awesome!

Cracker said...

I love the background! Cute picture by the way! It was fun to see you tonight! I am also glad that you have Brynlee as a daughter! I just love her so much!
Angie

The Bullocks said...

You are truly such a good mom. I love your blogs. I always think about you, and I can't imagine how you do it all alone. and you seem to stay so sweet and patient with your kids. your such a good person and a good friend. I'm so glad to have you as a friend. keep up the good work. love Katie

Suzi said...

That Bryns is such a sweetie! She is so lucky to have you for a mom! You always amaze me with your strength and good example!
Love you!

Ashley Hardison said...

How sweet and innocent children really are. I think you are doing a great job with them. I can't imagine how hard it would be to have 3 kids and do everything on your own, you are amazing.

Maggie Holmes said...

what an amazing little girl you have! she is such a sweetheart! you are right - they are so perceptive and i think they understand a lot more than we realize!
you can definitely be assured that what you are teaching her is really sinking in and that she sees your great example! amazing mom - amazing daughter!!

Heather & Josh said...

I love Brynlee as well. And I love that she put Ken in his place and said you will take me home so I can go to church. She is such a little sweetheart. How lucky I am to be her Aunt!

Unknown said...

That just broke my heart trist. I love ya, and you are doing an amazing job...you'll make it through all this. Love Ya!